Q. Can mold on corn used to make chips like Doritos and Fritos cause severe allergic reaction?
A. Not much is known about gastrointestinal or systemic allergic reactions when inhalant allergens are ingested. There are rare case reports of adverse reactions attributed to dust mite in mite-infested flour.
Based on pure speculation, a fungal allergen on corn would likely be broken down by the heat in the processing and baking of the product made of the corn flour. Without knowing the specifics of the mold in question, it is not possible to look up the effect of heat and processing on a particular mold.
However, it may not be generally healthy to eat food made of flour that was subjected to the unhealthy conditions that made it become moldy. It is very likely that food made from moldy ingredients would not be very palatable either.