What does an allergist treat?
When to see an allergist
Sometimes people can become used to constant symptoms such as sneezing, nasal congestion or cough. Treatment by an allergist can improve these symptoms, as well as more serious ones like shortness of breath.
Reasons to see an allergist
- Chronic sinus infections, nasal congestion or trouble breathing.
- Hay fever or other allergy symptoms for several months out of the year.
- Allergy symptoms that can’t be well controlled with over-the-counter medications.
- Allergy or asthma symptoms that interfere with day-to-day activities or reduce quality of life.
- Warning signs of serious asthma, such as struggling to catch your breath; frequent wheezing or coughing; and chest tightness.
Take Back Control
If you have symptoms, an allergist can help you get them under control.
Choosing an Allergist
If you or your child is suffering from asthma or allergy symptoms, it’s time to take back control. Make the decision to see an allergist and improve the quality of your life. Allergists are experts in allergy and asthma care for children and adults.