You are here
Summer is Actually the Perfect Time to Think About Fall Allergies Getting ahead of symptoms now means less suffering later
- Summer is Actually the Perfect Time to Think About Fall Allergies
- Daily “Soak and Smear” or Steer Clear?
- Teens With Allergies and Asthma: Start Prepping Now for College
- Allergies and Asthma are Bigger Summer Camp Challenges than Homesickness
- Will this Spring Really Bring the Worst Pollen Season Ever? Again?
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.