You are here
Memories of summer camp should be filled with joy, not allergy symptoms They can be when kids with allergies and asthma are prepared.
Know what resources help protect against asthma attacks May is Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month
- Memories of summer camp should be filled with joy, not allergy symptoms
- Are tree nut allergies diagnosed too often?
- Top Allergy Organizations Issue Joint Statement on President Trump’s Proposed Budget
- 10 Tips to Keep “Achoos” From Interrupting Your “I Do’s”
- 5 Things to Do to Feel Better During Spring Allergy Season
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.