You are here
Can We Talk? Patients May Avoid Topic of Work-Related Asthma for Fear of Losing Jobs A new study shows that only 15% of employed adults with asthma discussed with their doctor how work might affect their condition. However, of the employed adults with asthma, 46 percent had asthma that was possibly work-related.
- It’s a War on Pollen during Spring Allergy Season
- Leave Your Sweetie Breathless on Valentine’s Day – but Not From an Allergic Response
- Moms of Food-Allergic Kids Need Dietician’s Support
- If You Are Having a Severe Allergic Reaction, You Need Epinephrine First and Fast
- Are you sneezing your way through 'the most wonderful time of the year?'
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.