You are here
Kids, Asthma and Second Hand Smoke at Home = Twice as Many Hospitalizations Parents who allow their children with asthma to be exposed to second hand smoke at home need to know the risk is high their child will be hospitalized.
Experts agree: Even if Severe Allergic Reaction is in Doubt, Epinephrine Should be Used Experts agree it’s best to use epinephrine in all emergency situations
- Experts agree: Even if Severe Allergic Reaction is in Doubt, Epinephrine Should be Used
- If the “Pollen Tsunami” has Swept Through, why are You Still Miserable?
- Before School Starts, Train all the Brains for Allergies and Asthma
- Are Your Allergies and Asthma Ready for College?
- Study shows second severe allergic reaction can occur hours after first
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.