You are here
Teens with allergies and asthma: Start prepping now for college Conversation with your allergist helps transition to new environment.
Allergists: The Doctors You Didn’t Know Could Help you with Your Asthma Allergists provide best care for those with asthma.
- Teens with allergies and asthma: Start prepping now for college
- Allergies and Asthma are Bigger Summer Camp Challenges than Homesickness
- Will this Spring Really Bring the Worst Pollen Season Ever? Again?
- New Study Shows Allergy Shots Are Effective for Baby Boomers Suffering From Seasonal Allergies
- Which Comes First: Self-Reported Penicillin Allergy or Chronic Hives?
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.