You are here
Leave Your Sweetie Breathless on Valentine’s Day – but Not From an Allergic Response Avoid allergens as you plan for February 14th
Moms of Food-Allergic Kids Need Dietician’s Support A new study shows that providing parents with detailed, individual advice from a dietician is a key component of effective food allergy care.
- Leave Your Sweetie Breathless on Valentine’s Day – but Not From an Allergic Response
- Moms of Food-Allergic Kids Need Dietician’s Support
- If You Are Having a Severe Allergic Reaction, You Need Epinephrine First and Fast
- Are you sneezing your way through 'the most wonderful time of the year?'
- James Sublett Installed as ACAAI President, Bryan Martin Elected President-Elect
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.