You are here
Which Comes First: Self-Reported Penicillin Allergy or Chronic Hives? A new study shows a strong association between the two conditions
Five Ways to Show Love for Someone with Allergies or Asthma this Valentine’s Day You don’t have to bust the budget – just keep your Valentine’s asthma and allergies in mind
- Which Comes First: Self-Reported Penicillin Allergy or Chronic Hives?
- Five Ways to Show Love for Someone with Allergies or Asthma this Valentine’s Day
- Start the New Year with Better Breathing, Less Sneezing and Wheezing
- Fa-la-lah-choo! Allergic to the Holidays?
- Bryan Martin Installed as ACAAI President, Stephen Tilles Elected President-Elect
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.