You are here
Let it snow, but don’t let your allergies be “frightful”
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL (November 16, 2017) – Winter holidays can certainly be “the most wonderful time of
Two meds not always better than one for seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Let it snow, but don’t let your allergies be “frightful”
- Half of kids who needed epinephrine didn't get it before trip to the emergency room
- Study shows pharmacists knew more about penicillin allergy than MDs
- Memories of summer camp should be filled with joy, not allergy symptoms
- Are tree nut allergies diagnosed too often?
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.