You are here
Witnessing Drug Problems or Domestic Violence Causes Greater Asthma Incidence Children exposed to dysfunction in home had 28 percent higher chance of developing asthma
Pregnant Women with Asthma Need to Curb Urge to ask for Antibiotics Getting sick when you’re pregnant is especially difficult, but women whose children are at risk for developing asthma should avoid antibiotics.
- Witnessing Drug Problems or Domestic Violence Causes Greater Asthma Incidence
- Marijuana: The Allergen You Never Knew Existed
- It’s a War on Pollen during Spring Allergy Season
- Leave Your Sweetie Breathless on Valentine’s Day – but Not From an Allergic Response
- Moms of Food-Allergic Kids Need Dietician’s Support
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.