You are here
New Guidelines Show How to Introduce Peanut-containing Foods to Reduce Allergy Risk Most infants can have at home under supervision
- New Guidelines Show How to Introduce Peanut-containing Foods to Reduce Allergy Risk
- Say Yes to Holiday Flair, Not Allergic Flares
- Moms and Dads of Kids With Food Allergies Think They’re Allergic, Too
- Best Halloween Treat? Enjoying Allergy-free Fun
- Is It Safe to Get Up Close and Personal With Food Allergy Triggers?
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.