You are here
Study shows oral food challenges are safe for diagnosing food allergies No reaction in 86 percent of those tested; 98 percent with no anaphylaxis.
- Half of kids who needed epinephrine didn't get it before trip to the emergency room
- Study shows pharmacists knew more about penicillin allergy than MDs
- Memories of summer camp should be filled with joy, not allergy symptoms
- Are tree nut allergies diagnosed too often?
- Top Allergy Organizations Issue Joint Statement on President Trump’s Proposed Budget
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.