You are here
Top Allergy Organizations Issue Joint Statement on President Trump’s Proposed Budget
(ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL - March 16, 2017) - The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI)
- Are tree nut allergies diagnosed too often?
- Top Allergy Organizations Issue Joint Statement on President Trump’s Proposed Budget
- 10 Tips to Keep “Achoos” From Interrupting Your “I Do’s”
- 5 Things to Do to Feel Better During Spring Allergy Season
- Breathe Easy as You Plan an Allergy- and Asthma-free Valentine’s Day
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.