You are here
Four tips help you prep for allergies before school starts Make sure allergies and asthma are under control.
Half of kids who needed epinephrine didn't get it before trip to the emergency room Study shows parents, guardians and emergency responders failed to give epinephrine at home.
- Half of kids who needed epinephrine didn't get it before trip to the emergency room
- Study shows pharmacists knew more about penicillin allergy than MDs
- Memories of summer camp should be filled with joy, not allergy symptoms
- Are tree nut allergies diagnosed too often?
- Top Allergy Organizations Issue Joint Statement on President Trump’s Proposed Budget
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.