You are here
Frontline allergy and asthma research unveiled at the ACAAI 2015 Annual Scientific Meeting Press Kit for ACAAI 2015 Annual Scientific Meeting
- Fa-la-lah-choo! Allergic to the Holidays?
- Halloween Doesn’t Have to be a Fright Fest for Kids with Food Allergies
- Experts agree: Even if Severe Allergic Reaction is in Doubt, Epinephrine Should be Used
- If the “Pollen Tsunami” has Swept Through, why are You Still Miserable?
- Before School Starts, Train all the Brains for Allergies and Asthma
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.