You are here
Study shows painful eczema symptoms negatively impact quality of life Worse than for those with heart disease, diabetes or high blood pressure.
New pediatric asthma yardstick has treatment guidance for children of every age Describes for clinicians when treatment needs to be stepped up, and how.
- Adolescents with hay fever have higher rates of anxiety and depression, lower resistance to stress
- A little preparation means sending your allergic camper off with confidence this summer
- Want romance this Valentine's Day? Help your sweetie avoid allergy and asthma triggers
- Let it snow, but don’t let your allergies be “frightful”
- 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting Press Kit
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.