You are here
What does asthma have to do with your allergies? Probably a lot. Some of what you think are allergy symptoms could be signs of asthma.
Pregnant women and new moms still hesitant to introduce peanut products Study shows 53 percent thought early peanut introduction guidelines were of no or little importance.
- A little preparation means sending your allergic camper off with confidence this summer
- Want romance this Valentine's Day? Help your sweetie avoid allergy and asthma triggers
- Let it snow, but don’t let your allergies be “frightful”
- 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting Press Kit
- Memories of summer camp should be filled with joy, not allergy symptoms
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.