You are here
Leaves are falling. autumn is calling. So are fall allergies Immunotherapy could be the “shot in the arm” you need to treat your allergies.
Despite reports of shortages, epinephrine autoinjectors are available Allergists can teach patients how to use alternatives
- Don’t let back to school mean back to allergy and asthma symptoms
- Make sure your red, white and blue celebration is allergy- and asthma-free
- Preparation is key as you head to college with allergies and asthma
- Spring cleaning: clear your house and your nasal passages
- Boy Scout motto – be prepared – works for parents of campers with allergies and asthma
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.