You are here
Important COVID-19 information for those with asthma and/or allergies Recommendations from the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
During COVID-19 pandemic, normal allergy and asthma medications should be continued Guidance on the continued use of corticosteroids for patients with allergies and asthma.
- Which type of summer camp should you choose for your child with allergies or asthma?
- Five things your sweetie with allergies doesn’t want for Valentine’s Day
- New year, new you with smart tips to control allergy and asthma symptoms
- Keeping allergies and asthma at bay is the best gift
- J. Allen Meadows instalado como presidente de ACAAI
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.