You are here
Physician-Focused Payment Model Technical Advisory Committee (PTAC) unanimously recommends first specialty-focused APM for a chronic condition to HHS secretary for consideration PTAC commends American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology’s efforts to improve care for patients with asthma.
Experts urge those with asthma to take extra care as wildfires burn in western U.S. Allergists say stay indoors as smoke from fires can damage respiratory system.
- Despite COVID, if fall allergies are bothering you, it’s time to get back in to see your allergist
- Back to school this year is far from back to normal for kids with allergies and asthma
- “Saharan plume” brings additional eye, nose and throat irritation to allergy sufferers
- With social distancing and precautions, your 4th of July can be free of allergy and asthma symptoms
- You may be ready for college, but are your allergies and asthma?
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.