You are here
What does the future hold for allergy and asthma treatment? 2020 Annual Meeting Press Kit
Follow expert guidelines to keep Halloween safe for those with allergies and asthma Even ghosts and goblins will be socially distancing this Halloween.
- What does the future hold for allergy and asthma treatment?
- As fall arrives, so do fire ants in southeastern parts of the US
- Follow expert guidelines to keep Halloween safe for those with allergies and asthma
- Despite COVID, if fall allergies are bothering you, it’s time to get back in to see your allergist
- Back to school this year is far from back to normal for kids with allergies and asthma
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.