You are here
New study shows eczema in African Americans is more difficult to treat Higher doses of some medications might be needed to get relief.
What is shared decision-making and how does it work for allergists? New article defines what shared decision-making means for allergists and patients.
- Kindergartener or college student, your child with allergies needs to prepare for back to school
- Get ready for fall allergies because they're headed your way
- A little preparation means sending your allergic camper off with confidence this summer
- Want romance this Valentine's Day? Help your sweetie avoid allergy and asthma triggers
- Let it snow, but don’t let your allergies be “frightful”
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.